Alameda, CA, the Island City in the San Francisco Bay Area, custom local search engine. News is monitored to bring the most comprehensive up-to-date happenings. We are focused on businesses, events, people, places, even homes information! Find out what is happening.
Are we missing something? Let us know. Contact gotAlameda.
- popsicles / Epsicle ice pop, Frank Epperson 11 years old (1905) – First sold at Neptune Beach 1923
- heating regulator for stoves, Virginia Cone (1886)
- Alameda Terminus of the 1st Transcontinental Railroad was at Alameda Point Pier (1869).
- Skippy Peanut Butter (1933) originally under the Luncheon brand
- Chevy’s Restaurant chain (1981)
…..and it all started here. Today, Alameda has USS Hornet, Hangar One, Rosenblum Cellars and Rock Wall Wine Company as well as businesses as diverse as the Oakland Raiders, Peets Coffee and WindRiver.
Alameda consists of the main island (94501) and Bay Farm island (94502) Harbor Bay. Check us out!
Stay Tuned. We are in Pre-Launch mode. Soon these channels will be fully online and active.